We aim to teach or students the attitudes, knowledge, understandings and skills they need to continue learning throughout their lives.
Our students, our staff, our Board of Trustees, our parents and our community are all part of the amazing Waerenga whanau. Together we make Waerenga School the best little school on the planet.
We will all gain a lot from the school and each other if we behave in the Waerenga Way
- To do our best
- To foster pride and respect in the school, community and New Zealand
- To have a physical environment that promotes the values of quality and caring
- To target high achievement levels in the basic skills of reading, writing and mathematics
- To promote student responsibility for the choices they make
- To encourage work habits that promote self-organisation and commitment to learning
- To have parental and community involvement in all areas of school life
- To teach our children to be reliable, resilient and resourceful throughout their lives